This was a mid week meal that turned out fabulous. I love it when that happens. The idea was to prepare a slow cooker meal to have ready for the evening, so I prepared the drumsticks before going out to work. Come dinner time I wasn’t keen on a side of potato and veg, so I searched the pantry for some inspiration. Out came an open packet of medium noodles which I decided to mix with garlic and spinach.
Unfortunately the noodles were too garlicky for our 5 year old so she took them plain (luckily I had kept some aside, phew!) But my husband and I gobbled up dinner like there was no tomorrow! I must admit, that with more time on my hand I would have stir fried more vegetables to add to the noodles, but otherwise this turned out great!
Slow cooker BBQ drumsticks
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Minced garlic/ garlic powder
- 5 or 6 drumsticks
- Place drumsticks inside slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of honey and drizzle over the drumsticks
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- When cooked, put on a lined baking tray and put the remaining BBQ sauce
- Broil under grill for a few minutes
Garlic spinach noodles
- 3 portions medium noodles (the ones i buy come in “nests” so you can use a nest as a portion)
- 1-2 Clove garlic
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Some cashews roughly chopped
Boil water and cook noodles according to packet instructions. In the meantime cook the garlic in a little olive oil or butter. Add spinach until it has wilted. Add drained noodles to the spinach and mix.
When serving, first place the noodles on the plate, add the drumsticks and top with chopped cashews. You can drizzle the BBQ liquid from inside the slow cooker unto the noodles.